Best Man Duties
We thought we’d give a hand and let you know what being asked to be the Best Man means. It means writing a speech, helping on the day and making sure your mate has a great send off at the stag
And here are some of the other jobs you’re signing up to…
- Organise the stag. Obviously. And make sure the groom has a great send off.
- Make sure the groom gets to the church on the day.
- Stands beside Groom as wingman at the service.
- Mind the rings on the day and give the groom the rings at the alter.
- Signs the register as a witness, at the end of the service.
- Follows the bride and groom down the aisle with the maid of honour.
- Calls on the father of the bride and the groom to make speeches at the reception.
- Makes a speech at the reception- always including how beautiful the bride looks.
- Reads out telegrams and cards at the meal.
- Announces the cutting of the cake.
- Takes part in the first dance, dancing with the maid of honour.
- Act as a ‘gift taker’ for the day.
And most importantly, don’t forget to say how beautiful the bride looks on the day!