Best Christmas Drinks
Tis the season to be jolly and merry. Others would also say border line tipsy as you catch up with family and friends who are back for the holiday season. It’s also a fantastic time of the year for a Stag Party if it’s difficult to get everyone together. Whatever the reason is for meeting up and enjoying a few drinks. Here are what we think are some of the best Christmas drinks to warm up for a big stag night!
We’ll start with a classic. Mulled wine is a delicious spicy and boozy concoction that’s served warm. Perfect on a cold winters evening. Here’s a little recipe for you that should serve about 10 people.
- 2 bottles of dry red wine
- Star Anise
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- One lemon peeled
- One orange, peeled and juiced
- Bit of grated nutmeg.
- Bring all the ingredients to a boil except for the wine. That goes in later. Then turn down to simmer for 45 mins.
- Add in the wine then and simmer at a low heat for another 20-25 minutes.
- Then serve and drink!
Hot Butter Rum
If you like a hot rum then you’ll love this Christmas drink.
- A decent amount of rum
- Teaspoon of sugar
- Small nob of butter
- Grab a mug and dissolve the sugar in some hot water
- Add in the rum and butter. Stir until it dissolves.
- Fill the rest of the mug with hot water to the desired level.
Christmas can see a few of us tackle a little cold. Keep that bugger at bay an make sure you hit the town with a good old fashioned Hot Whiskey
- Favourite Whiskey
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 or 2 slices of lemon
- 6-8 cloves
- Near boiling water
- Add the whiskey, sugar and hot water to the glass and stir to allow the sugar to dissolve.
- Add the cloves to the lemon slices, then pop into the glass and allow sit for a minute
- Sit back and enjoy
A personal favourite of mine at winter time. A great drink to chill with on a Stag Party in winter and ideal to warm up with. It’s very similar in making it to a Hot whiskey
- Favourite Port
- Boiling Water
- Teaspoon of Sugar or Honey
- Cloves and Lemon
- Pour in desired amount of port. Usually a double measure
- Add in the boiling water
- Followed by the sugar or honey. Whatever you prefer.
- Lastly a lemon wedge with cloves.
A best Christmas Drinks list wouldn’t be complete with out an Irish Coffee. It’s warm, will fill you with energy from the caffiene and also have that nice whiskey kick.
- Hot Coffee of your choice
- Brown sugar
- Favourite Whiskey
- Whipped Cream
- Fill a glass or cup 3/4 the way up with coffee
- Add in the brown sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Pour in the whiskey. Always a good time.
- Then add a teaspoon or so of whipped cream on top.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy.
An Irish coffee is always a brilliant drink to start the second day of the stag in my opinion. It will set you up for another big day.
So, what do you think is the best Christmas drinks? And will you be having any of these on your stag this winter?
Finally, if you’re planning an upcoming stag party. Make sure to contact us today for more information!
So lads, don’t forget to check out our website and also follow us on Facebook if you’re looking for more information for your Stag Party. Whether it’s activities, locations, ideas or tips, we’ve got it all!